This is a collection of the homebrew recipes I’ve posted, broken down by category. Unless otherwise specified, all recipes are designed for brew-in-a-bag (BIAB) brewing, starting from RO or distilled water. Most batches are between 3 and 5.5 gallons. You can use brewing software like Beersmith, Brewer’s Friend, or Brewfather to scale them up or down to suit your system.
★ = a personal favorite
- Bine to Beer: An American amber ale made with a lot of homegrown fresh Cashmere hops thrown in at flame-out.
- Irregular Coffee: A blind-clone attempt at recreating Carton Brewing’s Regular Coffee, an imperial cream ale with coffee added.
Belgian / Trappist Beers
- Averagely Perfect Dubbel: My take on a crowdsourced recipe from the BeerAdvocate forums.
- Another Round!: An English dark mild, more or less to style, with a few concessions to available hops and grain.
- Ben’s Best Bitter: An accidental best bitter featuring Maris Otter and Willamette hops.
- ★ Fake English Accent: A pale mild ale with Voss kveik yeast and Amarillo hops.
Herb & Spice Beers
- Haldi Doodhi (Golden Milk Golden Ale): A British golden ale with Indian spices, lactose, honey, and vanilla added.
- Lemon Party (Belgian Saison/Pale Ale Hybrid): A pilsner and rye base with Cashmere hops, lemon verbena, and Meyer lemon zest.
- Kölsch Komparison: Two takes on this classic style, inspired by Offset Bier’s kölsch.
IPAs & Pale Ales
- 100 Club: A hazy 100% Brett IPA using Mosaic, El Dorado, and Strata hops. My 100th batch!
- Breakfast on the Beach: A double NEIPA made with Toasted Coconut Cheerios in both the mash and whirlpool, plus hefty doses of Cashmere, Mosaic, and Sabro hops.
- ★ Double Bypass: A Bell’s Two Hearted Ale clone with Centennial hop terpenes from Oast House Oils.
- Fresh as F**k—Pina Colada Edition: A hazy pale ale made with unmalted wheat, London III yeast, and Sabro and Mosaic hops.
- ★ Lazy Haze: A New England-style IPA made with all DME, all whirlpool and dry hops (CTZ, El Dorado, Idaho 7), dry yeast, and no boil!
- ★ What the Kveik?: A rye IPA with Citra and Amarillo hops, fermented at an absurdly high temperature with Opshaug kveik yeast.
- ★ Birra Perfetta: An Italian pilsner inspired by Tipopils, judiciously dry-hopped with Tettnang.
- Black Phillip: A German-style schwarzbier adapted from Kai Troester’s recipe at Braukaiser.
- Down the Danube: A Vienna lager courtesy of Brulosophy.
- ★ Fest Dressed: A traditional German festbier. My first really successful German-style lager.
- ★ Lionshead Lager: A smoked red lager made with 50% home-smoked Red X malt.
- Qingdao via Oslo: A pseudo-lager made with Oslo kveik, toasted flaked rice, and Qingdao Flower hops from China.
- West Coast Pils: An aggressively dry-hopped 100% pilsner malt lager, using exclusively Mosaic cryo hops.
Saisons & Farmhouse
- ★ Bia Trà Xanh: A saison using Blaugies yeast, hit with a healthy dose of premium Vietnamese green tea.
- Fruit Basket: A saison featuring heavy whirlpool and dry-hop additions of Hallertau Blanc & Huell Melon.
- Grisette de Cacao: A session saison brewed with Hallertau Blanc and WLP546 Marañón Canyon Wild Cacao yeast from the White Labs Vault.
- ★ La Blonde Africaine: Sacc meets Brett in this rustic saison brewed with freekeh and Saaz hops.
- ★ Le Lumière Ambrée: An amber Brett saison made using the cake from La Blonde Africaine.
- From Vilnius With Love: A homebrew take on Aldona Udriene’s famous Lithuanian farmhouse raw ale, spiced up with Sorachi Ace hops.
Sour & Wild Beers
- ★ Cheat Tart Gose: A quick and easy kettle soured gose that can also be adapted into a Berliner weisse.
- Old Gold: My attempt at a sour solera, using dregs from multiple commerical sours.
- ★ Saint Perpetua: My barrel-aged solera sour project, with the first pull taken in December 2020. (Includes tasting notes for Nelson Sauvin + Mosaic dry-hopped version.)
Stouts & Porters
- ★ Permanent Midnight: A big, burly stout made using reiterative mashing and aged in a bourbon barrel.
Here’s a collection of recipes posted by others on Yeast Driven.